Close Menu
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Culture & Society
  • Videos
What's Hot

Trump calls Tim Walz “seriously retarded” and promises reverse migration from “third-world countries”

November 29, 2025

“Are you a stupid person?” Trump trashed reporter and oblivious question

November 28, 2025

ICE to deport Muslim leader connected to nonprofit terrorist group

November 28, 2025
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Crankers
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Culture & Society
  • Videos
Facebook
Crankers
Home » Pat Benatar goes WOKE, will no longer sing ‘Hit Me With Your Best Shot’ (video)
Entertainment

Pat Benatar goes WOKE, will no longer sing ‘Hit Me With Your Best Shot’ (video)

By drastic215July 25, 202200
Share Facebook Twitter Copy Link LinkedIn Email Telegram WhatsApp Threads
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Email Copy Link Threads

(Crankers) Rock legend Pat Benatar says she stopped singing one of her most famous songs – “Hit Me With Your Best Shot” – as a gesture of respect for the victims of mass shootings in the United States. “I can’t say those words out loud with a smile on my face, I just can’t,” Benatar, 69, told the newspaper USA Today in an interview published on July 21st while referring to the lyrics of the 1980 smash hit.

WATCH HER VIDEO ANYWAY:

Benatar, who is currently on a tour across the country, said that “Hit Me With your best shot” is officially out of the rotation of songs to be played. “We’re not doing ‘Hit Me With Your Best Shot’ and fans are having a heart attack and I’m like, I’m sorry, in deference to the victims of the families of these mass shootings, I’m not singing it,” Benatar told USA Today.

Benatar reported that she has stated to her fans, “If you want to hear the song, go home and listen to it.” The music icon has told USA Today that the popular single, which features the prominent lyrics “fire away,” is “tongue-in-cheek, but you have to draw the line.”

“I’m not going to go on stage and soapbox – I go to my legislators – but that’s my small contribution to protesting. I’m not going to sing it. Tough,” Benatar said in the interview.

The United States has been shaken recently by a series of deadly mass shootings, including incidents in Buffalo, New York, Uvalde, Texas and Highland Park, Illinois.

The data compiled by Gun Violence Archive shows that the country has had a total of 357 mass shootings so far this year. The nonprofit group is defining mass shootings as the ones with at least four wounded or killed, not including the shooter.

The data analysis by the Marshall Project also showed that mass shootings in the U.S. are becoming more deadly and more common. One expert was quoted as telling Insider that the U.S. is now becoming a “traumatized society” in the midst of rampant gun violence.

The hitmaker “Love Is a Battlefield,” who will shortly be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, is joining a long list of celebrities who have been advocating for stricter gun laws, including Ariana Grande, Billie Eilish, Chris Evans and Matthew McConaughey.

Some other stars, including Jane Fonda and Taraji P. Henson, have been voicing their frustration that gun control is being relaxed in the U.S. while bodily autonomy is being restricted.

In fact, Benatar added that she was “concerned” about “fundamental autonomy rights” in the aftermath of the Roe v. Wade reversal, removing federal protection of abortion rights nationwide.

“This is a slippery slope,” she told USA Today. “It’s not about abortion for me. I’m concerned that people are not paying attention to what this actually means.”

When it comes to Jane Fonda, there’s plenty of people who don’t like her as well.

Get CRANKERS by email:
Powered by follow.it
Share. Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Email Copy Link Threads
drastic215
  • Website
  • Facebook
  • X (Twitter)

Kutztown University alumni who enjoys gaming, sports, building websites and optimizing ads for successful businesses. Other than that, just your typical northeast Philly family guy! Go Birds!

Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Top Posts

Musk’s DOGE TERMINATED massive $18 million per month empty facility scandal

November 11, 202511,354 Views

Trump announces $2k checks for SOME Americans – are you on the list?

November 11, 20258,858 Views

Food stamp fraud is freaking crazy, SNAP causes billions in losses

November 18, 20255,945 Views
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • TikTok
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
Funny Shirtz
funny shirtz
RSS Crankers Videos
  • Vance: we don't need the "dumbest immigration policy in the world"
  • ICE to deport Muslim leader connected to Hamas-linked nonprofit group
  • Pirro torches idiots on the Left who imported un-vetted third-world trash
  • Zelensky's top aide resigns after anti-corruption raid
  • CBS Boston exposes Democrats who keep blocking audits of broke cities
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Work with Us
  • About
  • Terms of Service
  • Diversity Policy
  • Ethics Policy
  • Corrections Policy
  • Ownership / Funding
  • Publishing principles
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram TikTok RSS
© 2025 Crankers News Network

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.