(Crankers) The person under suspicion of shooting two National Guard soldiers near the White House has been reported to be an Afghan immigrant, a refugee who entered the U.S. via former President Biden’s airlift back in 2021.
President Trump stated that he considers the suspect, along with all the other immigrants who’ve been admitted during Biden’s term, the most significant national security threat.
Trump vowed to re-vet every Afghan admitted in the last four years and review other foreign nationals. He said the United States cannot tolerate risks to national security. CBS identified the suspect as Rahmanullah Lakanwal, 29.
Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem said the suspect entered the country on September 8, 2021, through Operation Allies Welcome, a program created to bring Afghans who assisted the U.S. war effort to safety. She declined to name him publicly.
Trump said the suspect’s legal status was later extended under legislation signed by President Biden. CNN reported that he applied for asylum last year and received approval this year.
The two victims are members of the West Virginia National Guard deployed as part of Trump’s order sending 2,000 Guard troops to Washington. Authorities said the gunman opened fire without warning, leaving both soldiers in critical condition – but one has since passed away.
Trump said the threat extends beyond Afghans. He cited a report alleging that Somali immigrants in Minnesota have defrauded government benefit programs and funneled money to al-Shabaab. He said the government will re-check Afghans and review any foreign national who does not contribute to the country.
He added that those who do not value the United States are not welcome.
The 2021 Afghan airlift followed the troop withdrawal planned under Trump and completed by Biden. The Taliban retook control of Afghanistan, prompting the evacuation of Afghans who had assisted U.S. forces.
During the months of July and August 2021, it was reported that around 77,000 Afghans were evacuated, along with another 4,000 to arrive over a span of a year. According to experts, more than half had no ties to the war effort. That is still well over 40,000 who might. Many have no birth records, making it difficult to determine their true identity.
One of the evacuees, Nasir Tawhedi, pleaded guilty to involvement in a disrupted plot for an Election Day attack.
Looks like Joe Biden’s system was a complete failure.
