Call of Duty video leaks was deleted after it revealed Call of Duty’s 2020 actual gameplay. YouTuber Xclusive Ace is responsible for this leak as he posted this video and claimed that the company showed him the actual gameplay.
The video has since been deleted. However, Game Radar was able to provide some scoop based on what Reddit was able to keep. The leak on Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War includes insight on the game’s upcoming shooter’s multiplayer, Warzone updates, and campaign. Activision removed the video online but failed to prevent the leakage nonetheless.
According to developer Treyarch, the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War will be released by October or early November. They’ve also stated that they have almost finished the game’s development, and it is all in a good state. Below is a list of what Reddit was able to keep before the video was set to private.
- Game is set in the Cold War
- Targeting to release at the end of Q3 (September) but tentatively pushed back to early Q4 (October/early November)
- The game is in a good state. MP maps are pretty much done except for some textures and fixes.
- The campaign is fully playable, only some voice over and animations missing
- Campaign, Zombies, Multiplayer and Warzone, including a new Warzone map
- The standard minimap is currently in the game. It means that if you shoot an unsilenced gun, you’ll show up on the enemy’s minimap
- No Fog of War presently in the game
- Compass from Modern Warfare is returning
- No mounting and leaning
- Sliding returns
- Swimming returns, which yes means water returns in MP maps
- New Warzone map has a big lake in the middle
- Modern Warfare’s Tactical Sprint will NOT return, sprinting is unlimited
- MP maps will NOT have interactable doors. Warzone will have them
- The source is aware of 10 maps currently, map layouts to be more of the classic Treyarch map design for the most part
- One map is a small boat in the Black Sea
- Another map called “Mall,” quite a complex map
- The third map is called “Satellite,” set in the middle of a desert, very open with small cave sections. Gave some Afghan (MW2 map) vibes
- The fourth map is called “Tank,” the map from the previous video leak. Smaller, mid-sized three-lane map, seems to be designed for competitive
- The fifth map is called “Tundra.”
- The sixth map is called “KGB,” very small, about the size of MW2019’s Shoothouse
- No Specialists, but something similar to Field Upgrades, will return. Field Upgrades can be charged twice. The second charge takes longer. One is a piece of equipment that shoots at vehicles and streaks. Another looked similar to Crash’s ammunition box
- Regular equipment returns, no longer on a recharge timer like BO4
- Scorestreaks return instead of Killstreaks. Some Scorestreaks: Bow, Artillery Strike, Chopper Gunner, Controlled Missile, Death Machine, Flamethrower, Gunship, Grenade Launcher, and Hand Cannon. Light Attack Chopper, Napalm Strike, RC-XD, Sentry Gun, Strafing Plane, UAV, and Counter UAV
- No Dead Silence in the game at all currently
- 150 health currently but with automatic healing, no word on time to kill, health bar returns as well
- Guns include the Ak5 and SPAS-12 as secondary, so it looks like Shotguns are once again secondaries
- Create-a-Class is a hybrid of classic CAC (CoD4) and Pick 10. Currently, there’s no Gunsmith in the game, but could still be something they’re working on. Customizing your class such as a 4th perk, overkill, extra attachments require Wildcards
- The source isn’t aware of the existence of a Prestige system but could be something they’ll implement very late
- Standard MP is 6v6. 2v2 Gunfight currently isn’t in the game, but a 3v3 mode is being playtested
- No Ground War (32v32) map is currently in the game, but there is a mode that takes place on sections of the new Warzone map. This could end up being Ground War as that’s basically what Infinity Ward did with Modern Warfare
- The new Warzone map is set in Russia. Named locations include Mines, Chemical Lab, Weather Station, Ski Slopes, Duga, Zoo, and Battery. There’s a big lake in the middle (a bit to the bottom left). The bottom right is snowy with mountains, and it’s where the Ski Slopes and Weather Station are. Just north of that is the Chemical Lab with a swampy area, and north of that are the Mines. West of that is Duga, which appears to be based on the radio array at Chernobyl. The battery is on the mid-West of the map, with a small city in the middle of the map. The Zoo is just south of the city. Guess is that the map is a bit smaller than Modern Warfare’s Warzone map, although more open.
It is expected that Activision will soon present an official statement soon due to this leakage. Fans have so much to look forward to. Hopefully, it doesn’t involve having to get another hard drive due to a massive update like Call of Duty: Warzone, as previously reported by ByBerry.